Make a Profitable Website in Just Five Minutes
There are a lot of things that you can do under five minutes. An easy meal, a household chore, do-it-yourself art, and the list goes on. But to create a website in just five minutes, is that even possible?
Well, in today’s technology, you can bet that everything is possible. The good thing about it is you don’t have to hire a web developer to take care of this job. All you need is to do a research and know the basic of creating a website to get started.
Steps in Making a Website
1. Get a Web Host
There is a lot of web host that offer very useful packages. It included hosting, domain name, email accounts, and a great customer support. It will only cost $2 to $20 a month, you just have to choose the best one where you can register a domain name and sets up your website.
2. Make a Domain Name
Figuring out the name of your website is quite crucial. It needs to be attractive, original, and memorable. Make a list of keywords that are suitable for your website, play around with it, until you come up with the best name.
But if you still find it hard to create one, here are some tips to help you:
- Aim for a Dot-Com domain as they are more valuable, easy-to-find, and can give you a wider range of audiences.
- If it is for business purposes then it is appropriate to use your business name.
- Choose something simple that can be found quickly and is not complicated to spell.
- Go for the one that will make a mark to people, something catchy.
- Make sure that your domain name is unique.
- Avoid including numbers or hyphens.
3. Select a Content Management System
A platform that lets you build a website without having to use HTML, CSS, or any other programming language is known as a Content Management System. It is a tool that allows you to create a website without professional skills or designs. There are many CMS to choose from, you just have to select what is the best and the right one for your business.
Some CMS require a certain knowledge about coding languages but there are more straightforward and useful out there. You just need to select the one that is appropriate for the kind of website you wish to create. Some of the most popular platforms are WordPress, Joomla, and Drupal.
The most widely used among all is WordPress because of these reasons:
- It is perfect for beginners who know little about Microsoft Office programs like Word, Excel, or PowerPoint.
- It is easy to use and customize based on your preferences and specifications, from images, forms, blogs, and a whole lot more.
- It is very reliable and compatible with any purposes which can handle busy websites such as NASA, CNN, and eBay.
- It is mobile-friendly that offers a variety of themes for different types of phones.
- It is free with several resources to have access to support and advice from communities and forums.
4. Customize Your Website
Using WordPress lets you customize the theme including the design, color, font, layout, style, etc. The developers have created thousands of choices for you to pick the perfect one for your site. Sure you can go for the standard look but if you want your site to stand out then you should create an amazing look.
Well, aside from the theme customization, there are lots of things you can do with WordPress. You can add pages or title, create posts, and install plugins. The possibilities are endless, you just have to be imaginative to make your website function and look well.
How to Install WordPress
Millions of people prefer WordPress in creating a website or blog. According to studies, 24% of the internet is powered by WordPress and 50,000 sites are created every day. In order for you to create a website, you must first install WordPress, and here is the step by step procedure:
- Go to my.bluehosy.com and log in.
- In the website section, click Install WordPress.
- Select the domain name you used upon logging in.
- Click Check Domain, then Continue.
- Customize your new website.
Spending a little money on web hosting is all worth it if you can get a better and faster website. Using WordPress can provide you with a fully functioning and professional looking website without paying for a web developer. You are free from hassle and can have your own website in just five minutes.